Thursday, June 8, 2023

Just Google It.....

 I do this shit all the time...

Why would someone not want to know everything they can? I've said it before, I love encyclopedias and the knowledge about stuff they have in them. I do want to eventually get a full set of the Encyclopedia Britannica. It's hard because they always update and add new stuff. Those suckers are expensive. I know there's the digital version for 80 bucks but it's just not the same. Ugh! so much information!!!
You don't need school to be educated necessarily, all you need is the willingness to learn about things and the internet. Yes yes, but Skully, the internet is full of false and inaccurate information. Well then you just need to stay away from social media and know where to get your information from. I will be honest, I read trash and stuff that I know is loaded with crap information but I always take that with a grain. Be skeptical but also use common sense. I guess it helps when you're so open-minded to everything, and you want to just absorb as much knowledge as possible. Not everyone has the time. I have a lot of time. I mean on a daily basis, not in life in general, I'm getting old and I'll prolly die soon from some health reason or another. But anyways...
So yeah, the internet makes it so easy to just type what you wanna know and you can read shit about it quick, it's really not a new thing. This topic popped in my head today cuz I have been studying for my CST certification exam and as I'm going through the test book, I'm also googling stuff that I wanna know more of... which by the way is slightly not smart because I'm not even half way through this damn book. I get side-tracked A LOT and that's really not good when I'm trying to focus on studying for something specific. I mean it does pertain to what I'm studying so it's not completely terrible, but still. That's where the thirst for knowledge comes in with me. I'm readying a question, and I get the answer right, but I wanna know why. OK, soooo why is a culdocentesis performed for a suspected ectopic pregnancy? and where are we making a surgical puncture?, and what is the fluid we're draining? I'm telling you man, I go off on googling and reading this shit. Or yeah, you use a coude tipped catheter for a urethral stricture... why? why not a normal tipped one?
If you tell me, well you should have learned that in school, ohhh, that's another rant I can (and will) go off on in another entry, but I'll say this here... We didn't really learn much at the school from the teachers we had. Anywhos!
Getting back to my topic. The internet, in general has so much information, if people took the time to read about things on their own and not because they were told to, we'd have so many brilliant people in this world. If they spent more time researching things they'd like to really learn about rather then having their faces glued to social media turning their brains to mush, I can guarantee you, people would be smarter. Not saying that people won't still do dumb stuff. Goodness knows I'm full of dumb shit. Take the time to be a little more eloquent with my words and use proper writing and speaking skills... Nah, I don't know that shit, so obviously I'm not talking about writing and speaking knowledge. I did notice however, in my general ed classes when we had to do our essays, the proper writing skills did come out. I'm not making excuses for my poor grammar and punctuation here, just stating an observation. What I do here is just me typing away how I talk normally. It's funner to go back and read these and giggle to myself. And yes, "funner" is totally a word. google it! just kidding, I don't fuckin know if it is... and I'm not gonna go google it to make sure (ok maybe I just did).  
Did I just veer away from my topic again... kinda... ok bringing it back.
The "want" for the knowledge is what most people lack nowadays. The "I don't care attitude" seems to be all around us. I'm not preaching anything specific but just people's attitudes in general lately. 
Not everyone wants to know about things. I'll be honest, I was like that too. If it wasn't near me or if I wasn't affected by it directly, I didn't care. Yes I still live in my bubble, and yes I still don't like to go out places, but I still have the desire to know what's going on outside my life. And that's a huge reason why the people of the world are the way that they are. They don't take the time to learn about things they don't understand, or new things, or even things they actually have questions about. It's easy to just say fuck it, I don't care. I have those days, but more times then not, I'm opening up a web browser and looking it up myself. Not only reading the first thing that I see, but take from different sources and just soak up everything you can.
I really liked this picture I found. It just reminded me of what I do with things I think about that I wanna look up. My tiny computer desk is always scattered with post-its. I think of something, and if I can't look it up right then there, I write it down and look it up later. When I go out, I always have a little note pad in my bag. I've been utilizing the "sticky note" feature on my computer more because I have terrible handwriting and sometimes can't even read what the frick I wrote. Whatever I have to do to remind myself I guess. 
I have my moments of being fascinated by certain things and wanting to learn more about it. I think I mainly focused on the reading aspect of research, and completely forgot about the wonders of YouTube. I will be honest, I'm a dinosaur and it wasn't until a couple years ago that I really understood that YouTube wasn't just for entertainment and watching people do dumb ass shit, but there is educational stuff on there as well. It's 2am and I'm tired so I'll end this here. ok... ok bye!